• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Started
New guy here, I don't think you need an entire GTA:SA installation (with all the audio files and cut-scenes) if you're only doing multiplayer, how do I get started? What do I need to get?

I ask this so I don't go pirating a?4GB gta:sa game only to find out it's not 1.0 or something like that.

Anyone experienced enough to take me through the initial steps? I'm asking for help, not someone to hold my hand.

I don't want to go make time-wasting mistakes.

Thank you.
(2019-06-30, 08:36 AM)yusecozug Wrote: I don't want to go make time-wasting mistakes.

Aren't you wasting time anyway by asking this and waiting for an answer? By the way, you need the full GTA San Andreas game to play multiplayer.
i love u all
There are several compressed archives of the game, which are only ~700mb, after decompression they'll gain their orignal size which is something around 3 to 4gb, if you have a bad internet connection well you're wasting time for such a question
(2019-07-02, 08:05 AM)Toretto Wrote: There are several compressed archives of the game, which are only ~700mb, after decompression they'll gain their orignal size which is something around 3 to 4gb, if you have a bad internet connection well you're wasting time for such a question

Worth noting these packages often have ripped radio/cutscene sounds and when "decompressing" it just creates null sound files with the same size
I played on one of the previously-mentioned compressed versions of the game as my brother just handed me a disc with it and I had no clue there was anything wrong with it. Interestingly though, unlike Markski and Toretto above me mentioned, this archive didn't bloat into 4 gigabytes, but instead kept to its 700MB size. This meant you could burn the uncompressed game onto a disc and run it straight off that, which I did as our first computer only had 8GB of storage. The game ran horribly slowly, but that was barely noticable as the computer already was very bad. When playing SA:MP on that version of the game (And yes it was possible, as an answer to a previous question) getting into a vehicle froze the game for a few seconds with the radio "static" sound effect playing, after which the game ran normally, albeit without radio. The freezing didn't happen beyond the first time.

The game did have cutscene audio though, well at least until Wrong Side of the Tracks as that mission was unpassable with the kind of hardware our computer had.