• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] Some Suggestions for scripting for OMP
Tongue 
Hey,

i got some more ideas for functions that could be very useful for scripters in OpenMP.

1. pause/sleep(time in s/ms)
I think everyone knows what i mean with that. If we had the ability to use this instead of timers directly in commands or functions it would be easier to
script time based stuff. EDIT: THIS SHOULD NOT REPLACE TIMERS BUT BE ADDITIONAL TO IT AS AN EXTRA FUNCTION

Example:
You send a message to the Player per command.
After that the function should stop for 3seconds and then the rest of the function can be done.
Code:
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR, "Trying to tow the nearest Vehicle. ?Please wait");
sleep(3000);//3ms or 3 sec
AttachTrailerToVehicle(...);
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR, "Vehicle towed.");

2. AttachVehicleToVehicle(vehicleid, tovehicleid, offset:x, offset:y, offset:z)
I was wondering why this was not already implemented in samp. It could work the same way AttachTrailerToVehicle/AttachObjectToVehicle works and would be very useful for many servers e.g. on reallife or trucker servers, where you need to tow vehicles or transport them on the packer.
The only possible way i know for doing this since yet is using a timer, which teleports the vehicle again and again and is not that good for the servers performance.

3. Colorable Checkpoints (ARGB): SetCheckpointColor(checkpointid, a, r, g, b)

4. Vehicleobjects
Objects with the texture of gta sa vehicles. They could be very useful for mappers and serverowners to create new places and jobs with it.

I saw the first two points in a couple samp forums and also needed them for my own server.?
I think they could atleast be good for some updates after the official OpenMP release

1. The server is single threaded. Besides, why do you want to replace timers if the thing you're describing is exactly what timers are for.

2. I remember a few single player missions where indeed, vehicles where moving along with other vehicles, so I think the main.scm script does use this ability and thus it should probably be possible.

3. Don't think the main.scm script allows this, so we'd have to recreate checkpoint functionality from scratch.

4. No opinion on this ...

Always keep in mind that a lot of people are active on this forum in their spare time.

They are sacrificing time they could easily spend on things they would rather do, to help you instead.

(2019-07-07, 06:50 PM)Freaksken Wrote:
  1. The server is single threaded. Besides, why do you want to replace timers if the thing you're describing is exactly what timers are for.

2. Don't think the main.scm script allows this, so we'd have to recreate checkpoint functionality from scratch.

For 1. I didnt mean it should be replaced but Maybe there could be a second function to do the explained.

2. Is there a checkpoint object? If so, something like HideCheckpoint() could be added and a the object can Play set onto it :D

And i also got some questions now:

1. Is it true that object and vehicle limits will be changed, so that we can use more objects and vehicles on the servers ?

2. Will the liberty city and vice city maps from SAMP 0.3.DL be working for openMP ?
(2019-07-07, 10:18 PM)SkeeZy Wrote: And i also got some questions now:
1. Is it true that object and vehicle limits will be changed, so that we can use more objects and vehicles on the servers ?

2. Will the liberty city and vice city maps from SAMP 0.3.DL be working for openMP ?

1. We're looking into removing server sided limits entirely, but not sure if that's going to be (completely) possible.
  2. We'd need functions to remove water for that, due to objects (like tunnels, ...) that are below the water level. This isn't something for the near future. The first release will be to create backwards compatibility with the original SA-MP server structure.
Always keep in mind that a lot of people are active on this forum in their spare time.

They are sacrificing time they could easily spend on things they would rather do, to help you instead.