• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] No "hosted" servers
One thing that really put me off from Sa-mp was the "Hosted" tab. There should be no paid advantages for servers.
(2019-07-09, 04:47 AM)Aerotactics Wrote: One thing that really put me off from Sa-mp was the "Hosted" tab. There should be no paid advantages for servers.

But also the developers should get something back for all the work and $ that was earned by the "hosted" tab can be spent

for more openmp updates.

How should the OpenMP team pay all the things they need to buy to make the community happy ? For example the webspace or servers to run the client server lists ?
(2019-07-09, 10:06 AM)SkeeZy Wrote:
(2019-07-09, 04:47 AM)Aerotactics Wrote: One thing that really put me off from Sa-mp was the "Hosted" tab. There should be no paid advantages for servers.

But also the developers should get something back for all the work and $ that was earned by the "hosted" tab can be spent

for more openmp updates.

How should the OpenMP team pay all the things they need to buy to make the community happy ? For example the webspace or servers to run the client server lists ?

Then, they have to make it for a cheap prices, in SAMP its for $25 which is a lot.
I think price around $15 is enough. Hosted Tab servers mean, the server owners are actually ready to spend for their community. Its not just a random NGRP edit.
(2019-07-09, 10:06 AM)SkeeZy Wrote:

for more openmp updates.

open.mp is going to be open sourced. Literally anyone will be able to make their own network with it, so who will all the hosted money go to?

(2019-07-09, 05:37 PM)Jimmy Wrote: I think price around $15 is enough. Hosted Tab servers mean, the server owners are actually ready to spend for their community. Its not just a random NGRP edit.

Most of the RP servers are various script edits, unless something changed in the last 2 years.
We have no plans for monetisation at this point.

Also "hosted" is a dumb name anyway, all servers are hosted by definition...
(2019-07-09, 08:28 PM)Southclaws Wrote: Also "hosted" is a dumb name anyway, all servers are hosted by definition...

I second this.
This is very neccesary.