• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kalcor has "confirmed" he's not developing SA:MP anymore
[Image: B2rVySl.png]

https://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?p=4...stcount=10

Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere, took a quick look at the most senseful subforums to post under and didn't see a thread about it.

---

So yes, it seems like it is all in open.mp's hands now: Kalcor is not seeing updates other than security updates as a likely thing to happen. SA:MP is "officially" (take that with a grain of salt, as usual) going to be stuck on 0.3.7.
Can't say I'm surprised to be honest, Development was stale for a while, then 0.3.8 (0.3DL) beta hit and it seemed that everything was fine, until Kalcor decided to cancel it, never fix the issues and never merge it to the main SA:MP branch. After that the whole ban debacle happend and everyone was complaining that there weren't any updates and things were moving too slow, and now Kalcor quit development for SA:MP.

Fair play to him though, he's been at it for many years and if he can't find the time or dedication to develop SA:MP, then he should do what he thinks is best.
(2019-10-22, 07:52 AM)Gforcez Wrote: Can't say I'm surprised to be honest, Development was stale for a while, then 0.3.8 (0.3DL) beta hit and it seemed that everything was fine, until Kalcor decided to cancel it, never fix the issues and never merge it to the main SA:MP branch. After that the whole ban debacle happend and everyone was complaining that there weren't any updates and things were moving too slow, and now Kalcor quit development for SA:MP.

Fair play to him though, he's been at it for many years and if he can't find the time or dedication to develop SA:MP, then he should do what he thinks is best.

True words. I have had several projects during my years, including developing servers for various games including SA:MP, and even hosting quite a few of them. I had a very small but in my eyes succesful SA:MP sever going on in 2012, but it's difficult to find the time and motivation to keep something like that up when you are not even playing the game yourself anymore. Server would run on the background on my computer as I did other things, player numbers were usually so low that barely any to no moderation was needed to keep the players happy. Eventually I obviously called it quits.

Same happened with other games, albeit they were much more succesful servers. You do it for a few years but if you're not playing the game yourself anymore, without handing the project to someone else it's easy for it to die.

I think everyone with a half a brain accepts and understands Kalcor's situation of not having interest / time / motivation to continue this project. What mostly everyone obviously disagrees on, however, is him not letting someone else continue. All in all, in the time I developed and stopped 5 servers, he kept on developing that one single mod for that one single game. I think he's done something on that regard.
So, now, why don't open.mp go back to SAMP and take the seats? Isn't it better to go back to SAMP and do the development? Considering Kalcor has left.
(2019-10-23, 06:35 AM)lordcumiring Wrote: So, now, why don't open.mp go back to SAMP and take the seats? Isn't it better to go back to SAMP and do the development? Considering Kalcor has left.

SA:MP is not open source. You can't develop SA:MP if you don't have the source code
(2019-10-23, 06:35 AM)lordcumiring Wrote: So, now, why don't open.mp go back to SAMP and take the seats? Isn't it better to go back to SAMP and do the development? Considering Kalcor has left.

Well, we would, if we could.

Kalcor just doesn't want to keep the community alive for whatever reason, we can't just "run" SA-MP without actually having anything to do with it development wise.
We don't have the SA-MP source code, the client is the BIG factor, we have most of the server re-coded anyway being as open.mp server works with the SA-MP client.
Let's not get into the fact that we wouldn't have SA-MP domains and such.

The whole point of open.mp is to make sure the community stays alive, one of the reasons why we "departed" was because no updates were being made for SA-MP.
Its fine Kalcor is burned out, I would be too, but I don't believe the course he has set for the downfall of SA-MP (split community no updates etc) is a good idea. I think the rest of the open.mp team agrees too.
This whole fiasco of open.mp and the massacre of bans of major community members wouldn't of happened if a developer like Y_Less got ownership of SA-MP.

The sole reason openmp started was because they can't. It has been obvious for a while now that someone needs to continue SA:MP when Kalcor doesn't want to, but he isn't co-operating with the idea and instead wants to take the code with him to the grave. More information over on Y-Less's post https://www.burgershot.gg/showthread.php?tid=54
The guy is overly lazy and I don't think he really cares about SA: MP anymore, there is no investment on his part and probably no idea what he could do in the next versions, he lost his creativity probably xD
????? ??? ?? ?????, ? ????????-??????????? ?????? ??? ???? ? ?? ?????????

[Image: 99XXzyx.gif]

(2019-10-24, 12:38 PM)BitchLasagna Wrote: The guy is overly lazy and I don't think he really cares about SA: MP anymore, there is no investment on his part and probably no idea what he could do in the next versions, he lost his creativity probably xD

There's a difference between lazy and being burnt out after 15 years. Keep this thread clean.
Always keep in mind that a lot of people are active on this forum in their spare time.

They are sacrificing time they could easily spend on things they would rather do, to help you instead.

0.3.9 soon!
(2019-10-23, 08:58 AM)Josh Wrote:

Well, we would, if we could.

Kalcor just doesn't want to keep the community alive for whatever reason, we can't just "run" SA-MP without actually having anything to do with it development wise.

We don't have the SA-MP source code, the client is the BIG factor, we have most of the server re-coded anyway being as open.mp server works with the SA-MP client.

Let's not get into the fact that we wouldn't have SA-MP domains and such.

The whole point of open.mp is to make sure the community stays alive, one of the reasons why we "departed" was because no updates were being made for SA-MP.

Its fine Kalcor is burned out, I would be too, but I don't believe the course he has set for the downfall of SA-MP (split community no updates etc) is a good idea. I think the rest of the open.mp team agrees too.

This whole fiasco of open.mp and the massacre of bans of major community members wouldn't of happened if a developer like Y_Less got ownership of SA-MP.

I just want to say im very thankfull for your work, anyway you? deserve a pay for your work . thanks
(2019-10-24, 08:43 PM)Freaksken Wrote:
(2019-10-24, 12:38 PM)BitchLasagna Wrote: The guy is overly lazy and I don't think he really cares about SA: MP anymore, there is no investment on his part and probably no idea what he could do in the next versions, he lost his creativity probably xD

There's a difference between lazy and being burnt out after 15 years. Keep this thread clean.

This.

I would also like constructive and adult conversation on the subject in this thread, after all it's not like any of us can claim we aren't all here (well, at least 95% of us) because of him and the mod he (co-)created. SA:MP is the reason we're all here on this forum and to a certain extent, especially when it was still in development, he is SA:MP. He started, developed and supported it through its years. That's the oversimplified version of it at least.
(2019-10-26, 04:29 AM)Kar Wrote: 0.3.9 soon!

Yay security update. Still waiting for 0.3DL merging with the main branch.
List of things added by Y_Less, promised to be removed by Kalcor:

* Menus

* Text Draws (except models)

* Per-player objects (how every streamer works)

* Virtual Worlds

* Gang Zones (I think, not 100% on this)

* SetTimerEx

* CallLocalFunction (how every command processor works)

* CallRemoteFunction

* SendPlayerMessage

* ForceClassSelection

* Race checkpoints
(2019-10-30, 04:45 PM)Josh Wrote: List of things added by Y_Less, promised to be removed by Kalcor:

* Menus

* Text Draws (except models)

* Per-player objects (how every streamer works)

* Virtual Worlds

* Gang Zones (I think, not 100% on this)

* SetTimerEx

* CallLocalFunction (how every command processor works)

* CallRemoteFunction

* SendPlayerMessage

* ForceClassSelection

* Race checkpoints

It's the best way to bring the mod to an end.
[Image: logo200.png]

Kalcor is doing some great marketing for open.mp!
[Image: KyellaryClintion.png]

Here is a good meme, author unknown.
Can't say I'm surprised... Hopefully open.mp will be ready soon!
Kalcor recently asked if it'd be worth it if 0.3.7 R3 was to be merged with 0.3DL would it be worth it. personal i think it would considering the player bases are split at the moment.
Mostly everyone thinks the same, they've been requesting it on that thread constantly. Its just being fallen on deaf ears.
yeah i know with my community our Community manager did do a recent poll on it im guessing he wants to give some of the stats to Kalcor from various communities and see if it'd be worth it. so he can get a general consensus
(2019-11-02, 05:22 PM)Weston Wrote: yeah i know with my community our Community manager did do a recent poll on it im guessing he wants to give some of the stats to Kalcor from various communities and see if it'd be worth it. so he can get a general consensus

He said some big comunities sended him suggestions and what they expect adn guess their opinion weighs a bit more than his comunity at this current stage (an asumption)
Away
[Image: BHaVCLd.png]

Lol. I hope 0.3.9 is filled with bitcoin and gaming chairs.
[Image: logo200.png]

0.3.9 is gonna be litty!!! Tombstone objects r gonna be in it!!!
[Image: O0omg4t.png]

alas the people who finally put sa-mp under the ground
So anway how is this open.mp project going?

Any updates or this project will also be closed because lack of intrest.

I feel like open.mp started with big enthusiasm but time forward everybody has lost intrest and realised how big is this project and when it wil eventually be opened its very basic and lacks funcinality.

And also like sa-mp is like really dead, big communitis also doesn't have anymore playerbase like it use to be few years ago.

And sa-mp doesn't have anything missing that would cause players to stop playing it, but playerbase is moved gta v and younger generation doesn't even know anything about sa-mp.
(2019-12-03, 01:07 PM)offr0ad Wrote: So anway how is this open.mp project going?

Any updates or this project will also be closed because lack of intrest.

I feel like open.mp started with big enthusiasm but time forward everybody has lost intrest and realised how big is this project and when it wil eventually be opened its very basic and lacks funcinality.

And also like sa-mp is like really dead, big communitis also doesn't have anymore playerbase like it use to be few years ago.

And sa-mp doesn't have anything missing that would cause players to stop playing it, but playerbase is moved gta v and younger generation doesn't even know anything about sa-mp.

Yeah, I've also been waiting on more news on how the project is going forwards. Obviously not claiming the developers aren't doing hard work or anything, but open.mp seemed to start as a huge hype explosion (at least for me) and now all we have is a semi-dead forum for it.
Hey!

Yes, open.mp is still in the works, don't worry! Given that it's the festive season, a lot of us are relaxing, Josh is waiting for some parts for his new PC (open.mp compile-times are not nice) and a few of us are quite busy with our day-jobs.

> I feel like open.mp started with big enthusiasm but time forward everybody has lost intrest and realised how big is this project and when it wil eventually be opened its very basic and lacks funcinality.

I want to address this directly because it was one of our fears about revealing early.

You have to remember that our reveal was NOT planned! Kye suddenly banned all of us and we had to do _something_ so we revealed the project and risked the hype cycle.

But I must stress, there's no "loss of interest" going on, it's just we're doing this in our spare time. A lot of us joined the community during high school or college and we had a lot more free time back then! For those of you who are still at this age, it might be easy to forget that time constraints are a huge burden to side projects like this.

> And also like sa-mp is like really dead, big communitis also doesn't have anymore playerbase like it use to be few years ago.

I've seen this one for years. The data simply doesn't agree. Yes the playerbase is very _very_ slowly declining but there's a ton of life left in this community still.
> I've seen this one for years. The data simply doesn't agree. Yes the playerbase is very _very_ slowly declining but there's a ton of life left in this community still.

You mean russian community servers?

But for example so called english communities what is happened with them?

[Image: 83cbf2435760fcd7c66ae5d66b68dd97.png]
There's more to the world than just English and Russian :)
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfPe1hUt3c0]
any updates or project is still dead?
and i have checked github for commits and there aren't any.
Support open.mp ??
I don't know why you guys are bitching. I started playing SAMP in 2011 and had many years of great fun and met some amazing people. It was never going to stick around forever, how could it with PC specs constantly improving and newer games coming out. Now you have FiveM, and to be honest, console gaming is pretty much taking over.

Every credit to Kalcor for sticking with the project for so long and providing several years of entertainment and enjoyment, to a game that would have otherwise died a long time ago. If anything, he probably kept some sales going for Rockstar in the process.

So I just want to say thank you to Kalcor, and good luck with your future endeavours.
(2020-11-08, 12:06 AM)Torque Wrote: I don't know why you guys are bitching. I started playing SAMP in 2011 and had many years of great fun and met some amazing people. It was never going to stick around forever, how could it with PC specs constantly improving and newer games coming out. Now you have FiveM, and to be honest, console gaming is pretty much taking over.

Every credit to Kalcor for sticking with the project for so long and providing several years of entertainment and enjoyment, to a game that would have otherwise died a long time ago. If anything, he probably kept some sales going for Rockstar in the process.

So I just want to say thank you to Kalcor, and good luck with your future endeavours.

But no one's bitching, everyone here respects Kalcor for what he has done with SA-MP...?
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
(2020-11-08, 09:48 AM)Pinch Wrote:
(2020-11-08, 12:06 AM)Torque Wrote: I don't know why you guys are bitching. I started playing SAMP in 2011 and had many years of great fun and met some amazing people. It was never going to stick around forever, how could it with PC specs constantly improving and newer games coming out. Now you have FiveM, and to be honest, console gaming is pretty much taking over.

But no one's bitching, everyone here respects Kalcor for what he has done with SA-MP...?

Apart from some childish members, ... yes. I specifically give people a forum warning when they trash talk him instead of giving constructive criticism. We don't want those people here, nor do we want to create such an environment.
Always keep in mind that a lot of people are active on this forum in their spare time.

They are sacrificing time they could easily spend on things they would rather do, to help you instead.

Delete this
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
(2020-01-12, 11:03 PM)offr0ad Wrote: any updates or project is still dead?

Didn't know you have access to the repo
(2020-11-08, 05:54 PM)iAmir Wrote:
(2020-01-12, 11:03 PM)offr0ad Wrote: any updates or project is still dead?

Didn't know you have access to the repo

Last PR: 7 days ago

OH NO THE PROJECT DEAD RIP BIGSAD BIGMAD ???
Using Pawn.CMD?

What a retarded reply. It was going to stick around for much much longer than it did if it had an active development team. Kalcor refused to listen to the community, kalcor refused to develop, he's the reason it's dead. SA-MP would've still been huge. He wasn't even part of the original development team, so his input must've been pretty small.?And lol @ FiveM, it still has less players than SAMP does. Ridiculously dumb comment, I'm sorry.