• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] Protection against map-stealing
Just hear me out.
Like many of you, I've been playing and creating stuff in SA-MP for over a decade. I've been creating maps since 2008 and still enjoy making these.
However ever since the release of "map stealers" putting out maps on public servers is pretty much pointless because someone can steal your map in no-time and put it in their own server.
A fix or protection for this in open.mp would be... amazing. It would aspire me and many others to start mapping again and not seeing your maps get stolen by others.

Disclaimer: I know many of you couldn't care less about maps (certainly since a lot of servers don't use objects that much), but please do consider my two cents.
Realistically it's not possible, sure we could add some smaller stuff that map stealer's dont expect but that's it.

The client (at one point) needs to know the exact data (model, position, rotation) therefore any map stealer would be able to grab it, if not using SA:MP then GTA:SA handles.

Known methods f.e. creating the object then moving it at instant speeds to it's location already got "patched" by some and may harm the player more then doing good (because you need to send more data over the network).

See https://github.com/samp-incognito/samp-s.../issues/94
I'm not sure if it works but what I thought is, In 0.3DL, you may create custom objects like exact copies of the original ones but with randomly defined IDs in minus. So you will reveal the coords of the objects but not the real model IDs.