• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Pawn] Does the fire truck's water launcher haves sync with the server?
Information 
Does the fire truck's water launcher haves sync with the server?
Code:
Discord: Marllun#6297
What do you mean by that?
Do you know the water launcher on the fire truck? has some way of detecting that it is being used, and the position that the water is falling?
Code:
I'm not sure if that's possible
Check if Weapon Shot callback is called (it's probably not), see key changes and if they're in a firetruck as a driver and holding LMB - that's it.
Using Pawn.CMD?

If you're doing so, this is the very first sign that you absolutely shouldn't utilize your all powerful P-Code knowledge in any of the scripting discussion topics.
Actually, I have an idea for you. (Although, I'm not sure if it will work). There is no need to do anything in OnPlayerWeaponShot.

Code:
new gFireTruckID = 407;

#define HOLDING(%0) \
    ((newkeys & (%0)) == (%0))

public OnPlayerKeyStateChange(playerid, newkeys, oldkeys)
{
     if (IsPlayerInVehicle(playerid, gFireTruckID))
     {
        if (HOLDING(KEY_FIRE) && GetPlayerState(playerid) == PLAYER_STATE_DRIVER)
        {
           SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "You are currently spreading water from a Firetruck.");
        }
     }

return 1;
}
(2021-03-01, 03:24 PM)destiezk Wrote: Actually, I have an idea for you. (Although, I'm not sure if it will work). There is no need to do anything in OnPlayerWeaponShot.

Code:
new gFireTruckID = 407;

#define HOLDING(%0) \

{

? ? if (IsPlayerInVehicle(playerid, gFireTruckID))

? ? {

? ? ? ? if (HOLDING(KEY_FIRE) && GetPlayerState(playerid) == PLAYER_STATE_DRIVER)

? ? ? ? {

? ? ? ? ? SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "You are currently spreading water from a Firetruck.");

? ? ? ? }

? ? }

? ? return 1;

}

I've used this script, but it's inaccurate because I can't know where the player is pointing.
Code:
(2021-03-01, 03:35 PM)Marllun Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 03:24 PM)destiezk Wrote: Actually, I have an idea for you. (Although, I'm not sure if it will work). There is no need to do anything in OnPlayerWeaponShot.

Code:
new gFireTruckID = 407;

#define HOLDING(%0) \

{

? ? if (IsPlayerInVehicle(playerid, gFireTruckID))

? ? {

? ? ? ? if (HOLDING(KEY_FIRE) && GetPlayerState(playerid) == PLAYER_STATE_DRIVER)

? ? ? ? {

? ? ? ? ? SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "You are currently spreading water from a Firetruck.");

? ? ? ? }

? ? }

? ? return 1;

}

I've used this script, but it's inaccurate because I can't know where the player is pointing.

I'm not sure why it is inaccurate? It writes if you're spreading water, getting the position where the water is falling is not possible I think, but correct me somebody
Im not sure but you can try theese functions:

Code:
GetPlayerCameraPos

Code:
GetPlayerCameraFrontVector
Heart 
(2021-03-01, 07:10 PM)rasheed Wrote: Im not sure but you can try theese functions:

Code:
GetPlayerCameraPos

Code:
GetPlayerCameraFrontVector

Thanks, using this, to be able to make an object in front of the camera (where it is looking at) and compare the distance with the coordinate.
Code: