• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] Programming Language
You guys should consider?the use of a more modern and up-to-date languange. Pawno is a great language thanks to its C syntax and features, but more freedom should be given in order to attract more people.
The plan is to provide a C API - better than the one SA-MP provides - that should make adding support for additional languages straightforward. Of course Pawn can still be used.
(2019-04-14, 05:29 PM)spacemud Wrote: The plan is to provide a C API - better than the one SA-MP provides - that should make adding support for additional languages straightforward. Of course Pawn can still be used.

Music to my ears.
SampSharp is a great alternative that I use and contribute to myself.
(2019-04-14, 05:29 PM)spacemud Wrote: The plan is to provide a C API - better than the one SA-MP provides - that should make adding support for additional languages straightforward. Of course Pawn can still be used.

You better!
An OOP language would be great like C#
[Image: GitHub-michaelbelgium-000000.svg?style=for-the-badge]

PAWN will be just another module for open.mp. To be compatible with SA:MP it will be shipped with the required APIs addidional features added for convenience. You can make any module you like with the provided C API.
[Image: github-samp-icon.png]
(2019-04-15, 06:07 PM)BigETI Wrote: PAWN will be just another module for open.mp. To be compatible with SA:MP it will be shipped with the required APIs addidional features added for convenience. You can make any module you like with the provided C API.

Someone mentioned a C API as well. So, C or C?
I hope you do get what the modules mean... and for that, you must wait to find out whether C, C, C# or maybe Python or JS. Have some patience until more information is disclosed.
Guys some of you, thanks to the closed-sourceness of Kalcor's SA:MP, really don't see the full potential of this mod.
Of course more languages will be possible, whether supported or not.
I personally support the idea of adding C#, this would create the possibility to use some shared code between open.mp and FiveM or GT-MP. In this case, I cannot not mention SampSharp, which I think it should be fully backwards-compatible with this future open.mp C# support.
(2019-04-19, 05:06 PM)Sasino97 Wrote: which I think it should be fully backwards-compatible with this future open.mp C# support.

Oh yes absolutely, it should just be included as it's already good as it is
[Image: GitHub-michaelbelgium-000000.svg?style=for-the-badge]